Ingredients (serves 4-6)4 Red Peppers
800 grams of Lean Minced Lamb
1 egg beaten
1 finely diced Onion
1 pinch Ground Saffron
2 tsp Dried Parsley or a handful of fresh chopped.
100 grams of Pine Nuts
1/2 cup Tomato Puree (1 small tin)
2 tablespoons of Agave Nectar
2 tablespoons of Cider Vinegar
2 cups of Wholemeal or Brown Rice
2 tablespoons of Hemp Oil
1 teaspoons of All Spice
1/2 teaspoon of Cumin
Hemp Oil for cooking
Salt & Pepper for seasoning
Directions for the Peppers
- Place 600 grams of the lamb in a bowl and add to it the following ingredients; egg, half the onion, ground saffron, parsley, salt and pepper to season - work the mixture in with your hands
- Slice the peppers in half and deseed and remove the pith
- Stuff each pepper half with the meat mixture and roast in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the meat is cooked
- While the meat is cooking, mix the tomato puree, agave nectar,vinegar and more salt and pepper to season.
- Once the peppers are cooked, pour the tomato sauce over the top of the peppers and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes
- Finally remove the peppers from the oven and grill for around 5 minutes until the peppers begin to char
- Serve with the Rice below
Directions for the Rice- Toast the Pine nuts in a dry pan until they are lightly browned turning frequently - set aside
- Cook the rice as per instructions
- Meanwhile gently fry the remaining Onion in a little extra Hemp Oil
- When the onions turn translucent, add the reserved lamb (200g) and fry till browned.
- Add the Cumin and All Spice and cooking for a further minute or two
- Add the toasted Pine Nuts
- Now add the meat and nut mix to the cooked rice and serve.