Ingredients (Serves 4-6)Small handful of Capers
1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 good squeeze of Tomato Puree
4 Anchovies Chopped
2 Garlic Cloves Chopped
1 Brown Onion Chopped
Handful of Stuffed Pimento or Black Olives
600g of tinned Tuna in Spring Water
1 teaspoon of Crushed Dried Chillis
Pinch Rock Salt
Pinch Ground Black Pepper
Fresh parsley and Grated Parmesan to serve
2 teaspoons of dried Italian Seasoning
1 tablespoon Hemp Oil
Directions1. Gently fry the onions, garlic and chilli flakes in the Hemp Oil
2. When the onions are translucent (don't let them brown) add the anchovies to the pan and fry for 1 more minute
3. Add the tomatoes, passata, puree, capers, olives and tuna to the pan.
4. Now add the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
5. Simmer for 15 minutes to allow the flavours to enrich, add a little water if the sauce looks too dry.
6. Serve with parmesan, parsley and coarsely ground black pepper.
Why it's good for you?
Tomato based sauces are much healthier than saturated fat filled creamy ones and are an excellent way to contribute towards your 10 fruit and veg a day.
The tuna and anchovies are great sources of good fats which reduce your risk of heart disease and are also a great source of Vitamin A & D.
The hot chilli fires up your metabolism causing it to burn calories quicker than it otherwise might.
For the calorie counters amongst you, a serving (1/6th of the recipe) of this sauce contains around 250 calories.
Enjoy and let me know what you think?